A fun and family-friendly cycle ride starting and finishing in the beautiful historic town of Caerleon. With a choice of 4 routes there’s something for everyone. Finishers and spectators alike can enjoy the ‘Finish Festival’ at The Priory. All money raised from the Acorn Dalmatian Bike Ride 2020 will go towards the continued work of St David’s Hospice Care.
Sat 6th June
- This is not a race! It’s a personal challenge for fun.
- 24, 37, 58 mile routes around Newport or 45 miles along the Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal.
- Rolling start from Caerleon – times to be allocated.
- Arrive back at The Priory, Caerleon for a fantastic finish festival & BBQ.
- Marshals, maps, water stations, feed stations and medical cover provided.
- Dalmatian themed fancy dress encouraged!
- Please help your hospice care service to continue by raising a minimum of £50 in sponsorship.
- Riders take full responsibility for themselves for the duration of the event.
- A helmet must be worn at all times.
- Riders are expected to abide by the Highway Code.
- Riders to be aware of pedestrians and other canal users on the towpath.
- 24 Mile Route: Minimum age 12 (on day of event)
- 37, 45, 58 Mile Routes: Minimum age 16 (on day of event)
- All participants are reminded that racing is not permitted.
- It is strongly advised that all riders dismount at bridges and locks.
- Participants must remain in single file for the duration of the ride along the canal.
- The Canal Trusts “Share the Space Campaign” is to be adhered to at all times. Pedestrians have priority.
- 45 Mile route – Registration from 7.00am for tea & coffee
- NOTE: First coach departs Caerleon at 07:30am / 2nd at 07:45 & 3rd at 08:00am
- 58 Mile route – Registration from 9am – with a rolling start from 09:30am
- 37 Mile route – Registration from 09:30am – with a rolling start from 10:15am
- 24 Mile route – Registration from 10am – with a rolling start from 11am
2020 Route Information
and a Tech T-shirt
and a Cyclist Jersey